News, World

Texas teen was electrocuted by her cellphone while taking a bath, her family says

Texas teen was electrocuted by her cellphone while taking a bath, her family says

Texas teen was electrocuted by her cellphone while taking a bath, her family says

It was not unusual for Madison Coe, 14, in love with the band and basketball, to retire to the bathroom for hours and soak in the tub.

This is what he had done on Saturday night with his father’s father, according to his family, when he knocked on the door and said it was time to leave.

“It’s all right,” said M. Madison.

But 20 minutes have passed and teenagers have never surfaced, while Logan Coe responded again. This time he received no response.

He entered the bathroom and found that Madison did not meet the water and Samsung advantage over plugged into an outlet. Madison’s mother, Angela O’Guinn Downs, to People magazine.

The cell phone fell into the tub, the family told local news in Lovington, N.M., and the girl had a burn in her hand.

Coe, an EMT, tried to restart it, as did health professionals who came on the scene and were taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead Madison. The coroner has not yet pronounced on the official cause of death, but authorities said in a statement that “initial evidence shows signs compatible with electrocution.”
Police confirmed that a mobile phone, charging cable and extension cord is attached to the bathtub, the Associated Press reported. The US Commission for Consumer Product Safety in the US Today he said he is investigating the incident.

“There was a burn in the hand, the hand that had picked up the phone,” said Madison’s grandmother, Donna O’Guinn on KCBD-TV. “And it was pretty obvious that this was what had happened.”

Madison’s stepmother, Felisha Owens told KRQE News 13 that the girl was what she had done many times before, sitting in the bathtub, fashion phone, “play our games.”

“I did, I did,” Owens said with tears.

But tragedy has made the dangers.

“The bathroom is a place for showers and personal time and your phones are not in the bathroom,” she said KRQE News 13. The electricity and water did not mix. Just a drop. ”

Madison had just graduated in eighth grade at Terra Vista High School in Lubbock, Texas, KCBD-TV said. He spent the summer in New Mexico with his father before beginning the first year of school in Houston.
“It’s with the heavy heart that ISD frenship cries Madison Coe,” officials said the school district in a statement to KCBD-TV. “We want to share our sincere sympathy to your family and friends as we burden this tragedy together.”

In Texas, Madison played basketball and was the first of the tuba tuba in the school band.

“A lot of girls do not touch the tuba, but Maddy nailed it,” said KRQE Owens, the girl’s stepmother.

Madison’s grandmother, O’Guinn said the teenager was her “bright star” and “a special place” in her heart. She was smart and a good student, O’Guinn said.

“She was a bright young woman, dynamic, intelligent, loving and caring,” said the mother of People magazine in Madison. “He had a great heart, always ready to help others.”

Reports of the girl’s death prompted relatives, friends and strangers to share a social media message to warn other parents and children of the dangers of mixing electronics and water.

“Please let your voice be heard and protect and educate your kids about the deadly dangers of electrocution,” the social media daily said, according to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.

Be the First to comment.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *